Technology Transformation by SKC Changes the World.
Number of employees
- - Ranked as the world’s No.1 company in technology for the production of copper foil for batteries
- - Localization on high-end blank mask for semiconductors
- - The first Korean business to develop PET film
- - The world’s first business to commercialize an environmentally-friendly HPPO process
tons of copper foil
tons of PET
tons of PO
tons of PG
SKC’s technologies enhance the value of life with new changes.
- SKC strengthens its ESG management through the purchase of green premium renewable energy ● Its joint venture, SK picglobal, won a bidding for 13 GWh of renewable energy as part of an effort to take part in RE100.● SKC, jointly with its investees, to expand activities designed to enhance the level of RE100 fulfillment SK picglobal, one of SKC’s (President Lee Wan-jae’s) joint ventures in the global chemical business, is taking part in SKC’s RE100 fulfillment, through the purchase of green premium renewable energy. RE100 refers to a campaign for the conversion of a business’ power requirements to renewable energy, such as photovoltaics, wind power, etc. SKC has strived to share growth with others, by providing support for the materials sector for their higher competitiveness since 2017. It is also planning to strengthen its ESG management, including the enhancement of the level of RE100 fulfillment, jointly with its investees. In a “green premium” bidding for 13 GWh of renewable energy that was recently initiated by KEPCO, SK picglobal won. “Green premium” refers to a system that was adopted by KEPCO this year for selling renewable energy to power consumers, including businesses, at a premium price. 13GWh is the amount of energy that can be used by about 3,200 households for a year. SK picglobal plans to use the power energy that it won, through the bidding at its factory in Ulsan, as part of the effort to take part in RE100 and plans to continue to enhance its level of participation. SK picglobal ’s participation in RE100 is part of an effort made by SKC to strengthen its ESG management. SKC has strived to share its growth in business with those in the materials sector, by operating the new material technology-based open platform, since 2017. As a result, the company is at the “A” level in ESG. SKC plans to expand its relevant activities, setting 2021 as the first year of its ESG management. Recently, SKC, together with five other affiliates, made its RE100 fulfillment official, putting its name on the RE100 membership as the first Korean business to do so. Following in its footsteps, SK nexilis, one of SKC’s investees that specializes in copper foil for secondary batteries, has decided to fulfill RE100 at its factory in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia, which will begin its commercial operation in 2023. SK nexilis has also decided to go along with RE100 at its factories that are being expanded. Commenting on the matter, an SKC official said, “SK picglobal has become the world’s first business that has commercialized an environmentally-friendly HPPO method. It is expanding its ESG management, including the promotion of its plan for the establishment of a facility for the production of pyrolysis oil from plastic waste, the largest one of its kind in the country. We at SKC will work together with our investees, in order to strengthen our ESG management, including the enhancement of the level of RE100 fulfillment.” 2021.02.09